Are there people you know who needs uplifting quotes and words to keep pushing and moving to achieve all they are set to achieve in life? I bet there are!
There are always times in our life when we needs uplifting words to keep going especially in challenging and difficult times.
One or two uplifting quotes can transform your day and make you optimistic again about the future and life in general.
I came to understand how uplifting and transformational a word can be the day I came across these words by the late Dr.Myles Munro and James Allen.
- “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.” – Myles Munroe.
- “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you” – James Allen
These two uplifting quotes shaped my life. and I am sure you will find one or more words that will cause a positive shift in your life.
In this post, I have put together 60 uplifting Quotes That will impact you greatly.
Please read and bless someone with it by sharing.
- “Man is fond of counting his troubles but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up, as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.” – James Allen
- “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
- Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds. Marta
- “Anyone can give up; it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, that’s true strength.”– Chris Bradford
- “Build upon strengths, and weaknesses will gradually take care of themselves.”– Joyce C. Lock
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”– Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Strength is the product of struggle; you must do what others don’t to achieve what others won’t.”– Henry Rollins
- “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” – Leroy Satchel Paige
- “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” – Doe Zantamata
- “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.”– Jim Rohn
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.”– Nelson Mandela
- “Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.”– Napoleon Hill
- “The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.”– Seneca
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”– Robert H Schuller
- “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.”― Shaun Hick
- “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.”– Lee Iacocca
- “Never give in. Never, never, never.” – Winston Churchill
- “Prosperity is not without many fears and disasters; and adversity is not without comforts and hopes.”– Francis Bacon
- “We have nothing to fear, but fear itself.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events. – Joel Osteen
- “However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.”― Henry David Thoreau, Walden
- “When the going gets tough – the tough get going!” – John Belushi
- “The oak sleeps in the acorn. The bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul, a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of reality.” – Napoleon Hill
- “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
- “Affliction is a good man’s shining time.”― Edward Young
- “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho, ‘The Fifth Mountain’
- “Don’t just learn, experience.
Don’t just read, absorb.
Don’t just change, transform.
Don’t just relate, advocate.
Don’t just promise, prove.
Don’t just criticize, encourage.
Don’t just think, ponder.
Don’t just take, give.
Don’t just see, feel.
Don’t just dream, do.
Don’t just hear, listen.
Don’t just talk, act.
Don’t just tell, show.
Don’t just exist, live.” – Roy T. Bennett, ‘The Light in the Heart’
- “Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you are moving, you are creating alternatives and possibilities.” – Rodolfo Costa, ‘Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes’
31. “Opportunity may knock only once but temptation leans on the door bell.” – Oprah Winfrey, ‘Oprah Winfrey Speaks: Insights from the World’s Most Influential Voice’
- “The noble-minded encourage what is beautiful in people and discourage what is ugly in them. Little people do just the opposite.” – Confucius, ‘The Analects’
33. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.”– Robert Schuller
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”– Kenji Miyazawa
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”– Michael Jordan
- “Use what you’ve been through as fuel, believe in yourself and be unstoppable!”– Yvonne Pierre
- “Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.”– Albert Schweitzer
- “It’s not exactly like you thought it would be, you think it’s a failure. What about the spectrum of colors in between.”– Sara Evans
- “I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.”– Dr. Seuss
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.”– Robert Frost
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow.”– Mary Anne Radmacher
- “To have darkness behind me, in front of me a bright sky, flickering lights on the water and to feel it on the stony face of the southern sun.”– Julia Hartwig
- “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.”– Epicetus
- “Concentration is the secret of strength.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “He knows not his strength who hath not met adversity.”– William Samuel Johnson
- “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”– Frederick Douglass
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”—Dale Carnegie
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.”—Gail Sheehy, Author
- “At the root of all misery is unfulfilled desire.” – Scott Hahn, ‘Hope for Hard Times’
- “…I’ve discovered that if you want to reach your true potential, it’s much more effective to ignite a new passion for life than to dwell on past problems.” – Neil A. Fiore, ‘Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage’
- “In life, we make the best decisions we can with the information we have on hand.” – Agnes Kamara-Umunna, ‘And Still Peace Did Not Come: A Memoir of Reconciliation’
- “Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”-John Wooden
- “The best way to get rid of the pain is to feel the pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you’ll see there’s a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself.” – Deepak Chopra
- “It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop.” – Confucius
- “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
- “To succeed, you have to do something and be very bad at it for a while. You have to look bad before you can look really good.” – Barbara DeAngelis
57. “The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.”– Author Unknown
58. “There are better starters than me, but I’m a strong finisher.”– Usain Bolt
59. “The bamboo that bends is stronger than the oak that resists.”– Japanese Proverb
ALSO READ: 21 Causes of Poverty and How to Solve Them
We hope you enjoyed these uplifting quotes! Share your favorite quote – whether it’s on the list or not – with us in the comments!